- The Market Medical Executive (MME) is the senior medical director for Cigna Medicare in the TN market and is a member of the Tennessee market’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The MME will report to the Regional Medical Executive and is responsible for the achievement of total medical cost competitiveness and for driving key business, clinical and quality initiatives through collaborative interactions with healthcare provider partners, health systems and key internal partners.
- Supports growth through strategic collaboration with the TN Market President and the Market President’s SLT to achieve sales and growth goals.
- Improve clinical outcomes through interactions with health care professionals using active listening, excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Translates strategies into tactical delivery plans and monitors the execution of these plans to drive/maximize results for customers and shareholders.
- Clinical thought leader in providing solutions for improvement in total medical costs while assuring appropriate balance between clinical quality and medical costs, operational efficiency, and service to internal and external customers and providers.
- Works with the finance and informatics teams to develop analytics and reports that identify opportunities and monitor program success.
- Serves as market clinical representative in provider community, drives provider feedback back into the organization and insures clinical quality and integrity achieve high standards.
- Collaborates with providers and health systems engaged in quality-based incentive programs that are in-line with
- Cigna’s Medicare Business quality initiatives to help achieve outstanding performance.
- Develops and leverages strong partnerships externally with vendors, providers and health system c-suite leadership as well as internally with key matrix partners to achieve market goals.
- Direct contributor to medical action planning and strategy development / implementation for existing network management, new network development and new market expansion.
- Engages with our clinical operations utilization management and case management teams for tactical strategy and continuous improvement in our efforts to deliver high quality affordable health care.
- In conjunction with the Regional Medical Executive, will develop, refine, review and act upon reporting metrics for value-based contracts both nationally and at the market level.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current board certification in an ABMS or AOA recognized specialty
- Possesses strong and effective teamwork, negotiation, conflict management, decision-making, analytical and problem solving skills
- Active and unrestricted Medical License
- Minimum 3 years of experience in medical management, case management in a managed care setting or in physician leadership roles
- Degree in medicine from an accredited school (MD or DO)
- Minimum 5 years of clinical practice experience
- Demonstrated sensitivity to culturally diverse situations, participants, and customers
- Knowledge of managed care products and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to educate peers, colleagues and staff members in a collegial manner
- Ability to work within a rapidly changing, fast-paced matrix environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A