View All Comcast JobsComcast
Responsible for operating, deploying, managing, and continuously improving Comcast’s Voice, Video, Commercial, Data, Home Security, Systems, and Network services as well as associated infrastructure in a 7/24 environment. Examples of infrastructure include, but are not limited to: core routers, switches, optical transport, applications, servers. Position focuses on maintaining core network availability, deploying and stabilizing code, technologies, services, networks, systems, tools and driving standardization, automation, and service focused instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise, resolves complex break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary; partners with/leads engineering, vendors, and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Serves as high-tier operations support for various field, CARE, vendors, and customer-focused organizations. Contributes to command and control-related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external vendors, third parties, and associated agencies, when necessary, to address issues across the environment. Works with limited supervision and direction while executing associated functions and responsibilities. Follows operational practices and independently determines/develops approaches for non-routine solutions. Receives general direction in areas of focus. Serves as team lead on projects.
- Accountable for understanding and managing services across complex ecosystems, cutting across multiple technologies, organizations and solutions.
- Requires detailed understanding of interdependencies/intradependences.
- Accountable for providing technical assessment of changes across ecosystems to ensure resolving potential conflicts before impacting intra-/inter- related vertical systems.
- Develops and reports on metrics on Network availability and compliance.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge and breadth across two to three major ecosystems/technologies requiring technical competency, advanced training, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Leverages engineering methodologies is specific areas of focus.
- Provides training and coaching to peers, service desks and more junior engineering operations staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Monitors, isolates, triages, and resolves outages and impairments. Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures databases, applications, hardware, and other related resources are properly maintained.
- Provides subject matter expertise on equipment and services to other operational groups.
- Updates code and software to ensure proper system performance.
- Provides clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and coordination during outage scenarios.
- Directly executes changes, in the network and across systems, focused on deploying new services, implementing changes, and stabilizing products following established change management processes.
- Accountable for configuration management techniques, ensuring infrastructure is correctly aligned and fully compliant with standards.
- Performs a variety of complex analytical duties in the planning, deployment, testing and evaluation of Comcast’s network, products, and services including CRAN, CMTS, and the IP platform, Voice, Data, Commercial, Systems, and Video platform.
- Works closely with engineering, vendors, and field to identify and drive improvements across the topology.
- Develops, produces, and reviews of documentation, instructional, and procedural manuals for other employees to utilize to resolve problems or make network improvements. Examples include: complex processes for acceptance of new products (i.e. cable modems, systems,) testing such as operational readiness, tools focused on automation (i.e. IP scope tool,) etc.
- Supports all of the Core tools and alarms; analyzes systems needs and determines prioritization of break/fix scenarios; implements code changes and suggests improvements.
- Ensures the availability of networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes, and monitors the network and services to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern.
- Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIP
- Education Level: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Years Experience: Generally requires 2-5years related experience
- Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A