View All Comcast JobsComcast
Responsible for supporting the XOC Business Intelligence Team. Provides subject matter expertise supporting Microsoft SQL Server and works closely with the analysts on the team. Performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the planning, development, testing and evaluation of Comcast’s data. Responds to escalations and resolves issues that arise from hardware and software failures. Manages data tuning, performance and designs strategies and makes recommendations to improve performance.
- Provides subject matter expertise for all network equipment, technical training and support to other operational groups. Updates code and software to ensure proper system performance.
- Ensures the availability of networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes and monitors the network to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern.
- Monitors and isolates outages and impairments. Ensures that server databases and other related resources are properly maintained and devises strategies to improve performance of the network.
- Performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the planning, development, testing and evaluation of Comcast’s network, including CRAN, CMTS and the IP platform and Video platform. Works closely with engineering and national teams on network operations to ensure proper and efficient operations of the network.
- Devises and implements strategies for solving network issues or increasing network performance, including the development and production of network system documentation and instructional and procedural manuals for other employees to utilize in order to resolve problems or make network improvements.
- Supports all the XOC tools and alarms, analyze systems needs and determines priority of devices attached to the network.
- Measures volume and performance of the network traffic; identifies utilization and performance issues; designs strategies and recommendations to improve network performance. Provides necessary support for additions and changes.
- Several years in a data engineering role
- Minimum Bachelors in Computer Information Systems
- Several years of experience with multiple querying languages, utilizing the above mentioned skills.
- Must be able to work well with others and get things done even in a remote working environment.
- Absolutely must be self-motivated and driven
- The candidate needs to have at a strong working knowledge of the above skills either through certification or equivalent work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A