View All Costco Jobs Costco Wholesale
The Systems Architect will have a detailed understanding and practical experience in software development lifecycle, large distributed system operation, and a deep technical understanding of software development and support. The position will be able to recommend, design and implement solutions to ensure maximum operating efficiency and successful project deliveries.
- Supports the Product Owner with the identification and definition of enablers to support the architectural runway of a given product/application.
- Supervises the development and preparation of technical documentation prepared by Systems Analysts (e.g., runbooks, etc.).
- Supports release planning activities in conjunction with Product Owners, Release Managers and teams.
- Collaborates with Systems Analysts to decompose solution blueprints and designs into detailed technical requirements and estimates.
- Ensures solution designs are in compliance with architecture standards, technology guardrails, security and operational policies and standards.
- Provides technical expertise in establishing processes, procedures, and technical standards.
- Identifies high level requirements to support the definition and refinement of a robust testing strategy.
- Supports the planning and execution of functional and non-functional (e.g., performance, fail-over, etc.) testing activities.
- Develops the conceptual systems architecture design and the supporting technologies needed to enable new and / or enhanced functionality within a given product/application.
- Collaborates with Environment Analysts to define and refine the environment strategy needed to support day-to-day development and testing activities.
- Partners with Solution Architects to establish solution architectures and design, translate, direct architectural decisions into project execution.
- Identifies technical dependencies across several products applications to support the implementation of new or enhanced functionality.
- Defines the non-functional requirements (e.g., performance, security, resiliency, etc.) which support the development of epics and user stories.
- Defines remediation tactics for large and complex defects impacting several features and/or capabilities within a given product/application.
- Provides deep technical subject matter expertise on the design and development of high quality applications, with working knowledge of complex application development languages as needed; participates in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
- 7+ years’ software development lifecycle experience.
- Responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis situations; proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the architecture of distributed systems, deployment, and system infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ experience programming at least one of the major development stacks: J2EE development stack, Java, EJB,
- JMS and JSP, .NET development stack, C#.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a development lead on major projects; provides project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC concepts and has the experience of performing at any development level including macro and micro design level work.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts and applied UML experience.
- Detailed understanding of Project Management best practices and iterative development methodologies.
- Proven experience successfully delivering software solutions for large cross platform projects.
- Experience programming in at least one major database: DB2, MS SQL, or Oracle.
- Proven ability to mentor and technically lead highly efficient development teams.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem resolution.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yakima, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A