View All Costco JobsCostco Wholesale
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
The eCommerce Release Manager coordinates and orchestrates the efforts required to introduce application changes into production for delivery to end-users. The Release Manager is responsible for setting and communicating release expectations, milestones and statuses, creating and sending post-release reports to all involved parties and impacted users from end-user to enterprise leadership.
- Creates and maintains required release documentation that supports any given release through its production life cycle.
- Maintains and controls risks for the duration of the release cycle to ensure a well-organized and successful deployment.
- Tracks to ensure that approved entrance/exit criteria required for production deployment are in place.
- Coordinates environment refresh cycles with various enterprise teams to minimize release impact and sustain system integrity and availability.
- Works with the various enterprise teams to proactively plan system patching and application upgrades/enhancements to minimize release impact and risk.
- Orchestrates and reports weekly, monthly and project release activities within the Corporate Solutions development life cycle which includes, but is not limited to business relations, infrastructure, change management, service desk representatives and other related teams to ensure awareness, successful operational handoffs, deployment and acceptance.
- Develops and stewards the Release Management process, along with establishing specific standards to govern the process.
- Adheres and contributes to improvements to the release process that support quality releases and minimize risk to the production and non-production environments.
- Establishes and communicates release expectations, milestones and release activity progress; provides reports for and across all involved teams.
- Identifies critical success factors and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure and report on release quality.
- Strong process knowledge of System Development Life Cycles; Waterfall and Agile.
- Flexible, must be able to change priorities quickly, focus on new ones without distraction, able to deal with conflict and work under pressure to meet deliverable dates/timelines.
- 24x7x365 operations including evening, weekend, and holiday work required during release cycles.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills as well as a positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 7+ years’ experience in IT; BA/BS degree in computer science or related technical field is preferred.
- Familiarity with eCommerce.
- Knowledge of Websphere Commerce, Order Management or Order Fulfillment systems.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with experience building and executing tactical plans.
- Ability to negotiate timelines and deliverables with a strong sense of urgency.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasco, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A