View All Costco Jobs Costco Wholesale
Performs direct patient care; dispenses prescription medication and educates patients. Practices to the fullest extent of the expanded scope of pharmacy practice permitted by provincial regulations.
- Verifies prescriptions and refills with physicians by phone as needed and takes verbal prescriptions. Selects therapeutic substitutions when appropriate.
- Administers medications to patients by injection where permitted by provincial regulations
- Adapts, extends, and modifies prescriptions as well as performs specific acts under the delegation or collaboration of a prescriber to the extent permitted by provincial regulations.
- Orders and communicates laboratory tests to the extent permitted by provincial regulations.
- Recruits patients for and conducts health and wellness clinics and documents interventions where permitted by provincial regulations.
- Participates in a culture of patient safety by focusing on practices that reduce and eliminate prescription incidents as well as reporting and properly managing those incidents that do occur.
- Oversees the collection of patient medical history and maintenance of the confidential computer record.
- Checks prescriptions and over the counter medications for therapeutic appropriateness including but not limited to drug interactions, allergies, contraindications, dose, frequency, and dosage form.
- Acts as Pharmacist-In-Charge in the absence of the pharmacy manager ensuring smooth operation in the dispensary and supervises pharmacy interns and students.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals as necessary to identify and resolve drug therapy problems. Educates patients on proper medication usage. Provides prompt and courteous patient care. Answers patient questions about over-the-counter medication and product location. Preserves patient confidentiality.
- Works collaboratively with Registered Technician to ensure appropriate allocation of work tasks.
- Conducts full medication reviews, including but not limited to best possible medication histories and medication reconciliation and participates in medication therapy management and does patient follow-up to the extent permitted by provincial regulations
- Follows Costco Pharmacy’s policies, systems and procedure standards. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Dispenses prescription medications and applies appropriate auxiliary labels.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in a variety of continuing education initiatives and maintains required certifications in good standing.
- Knowledge/Skills: Computer, math, patient care and member service skills required.
- Assists with other assigned duties as necessary
- Experience: None.
- Education/Training: Bachelor of Science or Doctorate of Pharmacy required.
- Licenses/Certifications: Licensed Pharmacist in good standing in the province of work.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A