Website Cracker Barrel
This role is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with Retail Buyers, Merchandise Planners and Replenishers on projects to support our stores. The Merchandising Assistant will be a member of a team focused on launching new products and ensuring all daily administrative tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Responsible for the vendor set-up process, including the Vendor Insurance program. Processes all new items to be entered in Retek Merchandise System. Creates purchase orders for approved items and verifies receipt of purchase orders. Ensures product integrity by scanning and approving barcodes prior to shipment. Maintains SKU file for accuracy. Responsible for cost and retail price changes. Ensures all model store samples are received by scheduled date. Assists in coordinating priority shipping of new product with the Distribution Center.
- Communicates shipping information with respect to potential delays, or problems with the shipment to the Merchandising Team.
- Initiates sample requests from vendors. Orders and tracks samples for the model store. Approves pre-production samples. Communicates with vendors on product issues, both domestic and international. Communication with the Director of Visual Presentation, Director of Merchandise Product Development, Guest Relations, DC, and the vendor community regarding various issues including product samples, shipping, changes to original plans, and vendors.
- Provides support to the Director of Merchandise, Sr. Buyer, Buyer, and Associate Buyer. Provides assistance to the VP/GMM as needed.
- Receives and answers calls, types and distributes letters, memos and other communications, faxes, files, copies, etc. Processes all requested samples and unsolicited merchandise; prepares incoming submittals for the Buyer’s review; and drafts and sends correspondence letters and/or emails. Unpacks and sets up all product samples. Returns samples to vendor upon request.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- High School Diploma plus 1-3 years general office experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills excel and word.
Company: Cracker Barrel
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lebanon, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A