View All Delta Airlines JobsDelta Air Lines
The Analytics Leader, Aircraft Maintenance and Airport Technical Operations Business Performance, is responsible for the design, development, and optimization of reporting and analytics in support of all areas within the business units. The Analytics Leader’s role will include engaging the operation, understanding needs of the business, prototyping data analytics solutions and tools, working to deploy enhancements and coordinating with IT for sustainable solutions. This position specifically supports the Aircraft Maintenance and Airport Technical Operations team with daily automated database reporting, ad-hoc data pulls, and analytical projects aimed at continually improving airline performance. This position will require a strong understanding of Delta’s data environments (structured and unstructured), an ability to design data solutions, and a forward thinking perspective of how to continually improve the data structure and technology used to retrieve, aggregate and visualize it.
- Locate and extract data from a variety of sources for use in reporting, analysis, and statistical modeling
- Develop and improve automated reports for daily consumption and using specific formatting and presentation guidelines
- Be an expert in the data environments and automation process involved in daily reporting as well as ensure weekday and weekend delivery of reporting via automated processes
- Partner with Information Technology and Business Intelligence groups to optimize and enhance the database environment for optimal efficiency and best practices
- Provide ad-hoc data support on complex subjects and material in an expedited manner
- Train and mentor other team members in various skillsets and subjects
- Identify and source new data for use in reporting, analysis, and statistical modeling
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Leverages emerging technologies and identifies efficient and meaningful ways to communicate data and analysis in order to satisfy business unit needs
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, or 5+ years related experience required. Advanced level knowledge of SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, or other statistical programing languages required. Advanced level C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python or other functional programming skills preferred. Advanced level ability to manage a reporting database environment, troubleshoot, and automate reporting within Teradata and SAS Server. Advanced level ability to manipulate data using programing language and to create complex queries. Strong attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and manage multiple requests with varying timelines. Ability to provide occasional off-hour support for break-fix issues. Strong self-starter with a resilient, solution minded approach to complex problems. Must be performing satisfactorily in current position. Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles. Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A