Website Delta Air Lines
As a Ramp Agent, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customer’s baggage and cargo arrives safely and on time to drive a positive customer experience. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Ramp Agent, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by, maintaining professionalism, and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work.
Seasonal Ramp Agents work between 150 and 1,400 hours per year. Work tasks include bending, stooping and twisting, standing, and walking. Work tasks are repetitive such as loading and stacking bags in addition to working in confined spaces and on knees for an extended period of time in the aircraft bins.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Operate baggage scanners and computers to ensure baggage and cargo are routed correctly to the passenger’s destination.
- Repeatedly lift and load baggage onto carts and ensuring each bag reaches its destination.
- Safely lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo to and from aircraft, in addition to being responsible for on-time connections by guiding incoming and departing aircrafts from the gate positions.
- Safeguard cargo, baggage and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Ability to occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds
- Possess basic computer skills
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have valid driver’s license
- Pass an extensive post-offer pre-employment background check, including finger printing and a criminal history record check required by federal law
- Be authorized to work in the US and have a 5-year US residency
- Ability to frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds
- Have strong verbal communication skills
- Pass a physical ability test
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A