Website Delta Air Lines
The Cabin Maintenance Painter Tech in Delta’s TechOps Cabin Maintenance Hangar Operations (ATL & MSP) facility is responsible for prepping, sanding, repairing and applying surface coatings using various methods to Cabin components according to set specifications. The CMPT is responsible for processing parts according to established FAA, OEM, AA’s, ER/A’s and Delta Process Standard procedures in a safe, timely and defect-free manner to meet established goals in support of Cabin Maintenance operations. Additionally, this position lays out, masks cabin components using repair manuals, drawings and patterns. The CMPT must also possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Certain duties require working in confided spaces.
- Must be able to prioritize work load for Paint and Laminate crew.
- Must achieve a satisfactory score on tests structured to determine the ability to perform essential job junctions.
- Responsible for properly disposing of all waste and cleans work area upon completion.
- Reads and complies with approved documentation.
- Strips, sands, and prepares aircraft painting using various methods including spray paint using water base, enamel, and polyurethane base.
- The CMPT will also work ASM duties as directed.
- Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions.
- Must have the ability to interpret Engineering; AA’s, drawings and instructions.
- Must have quantifiable experience with removal and installation of interior cabin furnishings and components for repair or refinish, laminating cabin surfaces to include compound curved walls, Sky Diamond laminate, and the ability to mix, match and apply paint to cabin surfaces.
- Must have 5 years of applicable experience.
- Must be willing to work fixed shifts including weekends and nights.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have documented surface coating experience.
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to practice safe work habits as evidenced through behavior and attitude.
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A