View All Delta Airlines JobsDelta Air Lines
The Flight Simulator Technician is responsible for performing maintenance functions on Full Flight Simulators, Flight Training Devices, Cockpit Procedure Trainers, and associated support devices to assure high levels of reliability and fidelity and meet pilot training, maintenance training, and FAA regulatory requirements.
- Operates and maintains electronic test equipment.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Aircraft systems and their operation.
- Performs periodic maintenance and diagnostics on computer and peripheral equipment.
- Accomplishes pre-flight, morning readiness, and FAA certification checks.
- Corrects identified discrepancies by troubleshooting electronics, computers, computer networks, hydraulics, visual, pneumatics, and mechanical systems to component level.
- Installs, replaces, cleans, repairs, and services various equipment including visual generation/display systems, computers, computer networks, motion systems, electronic circuit boards, and circuits to component level.
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures.
- Operates, programs, and maintains PC, Motorola, IBM, and various other host and satellite computers and networks.
- Accomplishes software archiving functions.
- General knowledge of AIX, UNIX, LINUX, and Windows operating systems and of FORTRAN and C/C++ programing languages is preferred.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Requires the ability to troubleshoot and repair electronic circuits, computers, computer networks, visual generation/display systems, hydraulic systems, input/output systems, pneumatics, mechanical, and flight instrumentation.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret electronic/electrical drawings, schematics, and logic diagrams and be able to troubleshoot circuits to component level.
- Requires a working knowledge of aerodynamics and of commercial cockpit instrumentation and their relationship to the principles of flight.
- Requires experience in operation of electronic test equipment in order to identify and correct malfunctioning systems.
- Requires the physical ability to climb and work from platforms and ladders and lift 50 lbs.
- Required to furnish personal tools as prescribed by Delta.
- Formal technical electronic training or equivalent military training and previous simulator maintenance experience is required.
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A