Website Delta Air Lines
The Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is a critical TechOps role at Delta. In this role, you will maintain the proper and safe functioning of Delta’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. The Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician – Line Maintenance is responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment.
Additionally, the Lead AMT is responsible for maintaining a current knowledge of applicable procedures and methods relating to aircraft/engine maintenance and Technical Operations, as well as applicable inspection procedures, methods and specifications. This lead position performs administrative functions delegated by the Product Line Manager.
- Ensures personnel receive technical training and qualifications required to perform the departmental maintenance tasks.
- Ensures required and scheduled maintenance is accomplished and properly documented.
- Supervises and assists Maintenance personnel.
- Signs for Return to Service.
- Ensures recurrent training is accomplished where required.
- Informs personnel of company and/or departmental policy and procedure changes.
- Verifies and records payroll.
- Evaluates workload to ensure efficient manpower utilization.
- Leads continuous improvement teams to achieve cost and turn time reductions.
- Coordinates assigned maintenance tasks with other skills and departments to meet established ready times.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must also be able to work and operate in a safe and compliant manner without close supervision.
- Must be able to read and write English and comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must be able to act as the working leader of a group of AMTs and/or ASMs, plan and lay out work, instruct and supervise the work of the group, as well as be a leader in the areas of continuous improvement and safety.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including rotating or fixed shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must have an Airframe and Powerplant license.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A