View All Delta Airlines JobsDelta Air Lines
The Ground Maintenance Technician works as a technician in maintenance of Ground Support Equipment (GSE). The GST works to ensure operation of equipment including mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic equipment by troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and calibrating industrial equipment and test equipment throughout Stationary GSE in accordance with approved manuals and procedures. This includes completing repairs and preventive maintenance on motors and controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, and machine shop equipment. The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications to troubleshoot malfunctions and maintain equipment.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; cross-training, reviewing technical publications; and establishing personal networks.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and/or controllers using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, straightedges, electronic test equipment to include digital multi-meters, ammeters, and mechanical measuring including pressure gauges, force gauges, temperature gauges, and dimensional instruments. This includes returning tolerances to within manufacturer specifications to include calibration of equipment.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing requirements to complete the job.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; and verifying receipt.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation tooling.
- Provides maintenance information to others by answering questions and requests.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation and troubleshooting using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing Leads of routine preventive maintenance techniques.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts and using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Works safely, utilizes proper protective equipment at all times and applies the concept of LOTO (Lockout / Tagout).
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including fixed or rotating shifts, both indoors and outdoors, include traveling, overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting and repair of electrical circuits including motors and variable frequency drives
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be able to read and write at a level to comprehend and apply information contained in detailed and complex technical manuals, procedural manuals, blueprints, etc. with no assistance
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have experience with industrial AC/DC controls, high and low voltage systems
- Must be proficient in reading and comprehending mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Must have good mechanical ability with above average problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently in a variety of environments
- Must be able to pass an extensive criminal background check (all information provided will be verified). Any discrepancy will result in immediate disqualification; must also successfully pass a drug and hearing test (audiogram) in addition to successfully passing a background check
- Have successfully completed a two-year degree at a post-secondary technical school or have a minimum three years of experience in an industrial maintenance repair and support role or equivalent experience
- Must have the ability to work without close supervisory direction and to complete the job without assignment of tasks
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must have Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience with some programming experience in the following systems; Allen Bradly PLC5, SLC 500, SLC 5000, and Micro Logix systems
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and provide outstanding customer service
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A