View All Delta Airlines JobsDelta Air Lines
Airport Customer Service is seeking individuals who have proven leadership experience and possess a high level of accountability for creating unforgettable customer experiences to jo in our team as a Department Manager, and will report to the General Manager – Operations Below Wing. The successful candidate will lead a diverse team of airport professionals, administrative support personnel, and business partners. The candidate must be a composed, approachable, and visible leader with the skill to build high-performing teams through inclusion, consensus and creativity.
Department Managers are responsible for driving safety improvements, strengthening our strategy around service recovery, enhancing the customer experience through differentiated, world-class service, and managing a large operation during high-stress situations.
- Promotes and upholds the Delta culture visible leadership – individual and group and verbal as well as written communication – in order to promote Delta corporate goals and workplace initiatives.
- Ensures a smooth, safe and secure operation, emphasizing safety, collaboration and customer service consistent with the Delta brand.
- Leads by example to ensure distinctive customer service is delivered to every Delta customer and resolves issues for customers regarding service failures or other complaints.
- Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment that results in employee safety and well-being.
- Responsible for ensuring that department goals are met or exceeded.
- Research, develop, and propose changes, refinements, or evolutions to your department as part of Delta’s broader evolution strategy with a vision to create high-end hospitality environments.
- Models Delta’s vision and values while maintaining and improving methods of communication with your team.
- Manage costs and execute on budget targets throughout the year to ensure company financial objectives are met.
- Accountable for all internal and external regulatory matters. Serves as liaison for Delta initiatives across all divisions while building effective business partnerships with Delta’s outside contractors/business partners.
- High standards of performance for self and others with ability to guide others in adhering to these standards.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of Delta operational procedures and policies.
- Previous experience managing Above Wing and/or Below Wing operations is a plus.
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to make quick, prudent decisions.
- Possess initiative,a high tolerance for stress, and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
- Flexibility and personal stamina are requires in order to sustain long working hours in a constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge of airline or hospitality industry operations is strongly preferred.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in leadership positions.
- Previous experience navigating a matrixed environment is a plus.
- Able to travel as necessary.
- 5 years’ experience in leadership positions is preferred.
- Able to identify, evaluate and refine functional results to improve the customer experience and operational performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related fields or 5 plus years of relevant experience.
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A