The Senior UX Designer ****will be responsible for overseeing user experience and design aspects of our entertainment products. They are responsible for steering a project from planning to implementation, working alongside stakeholders including product & engineering to ensure the absolute best quality product reaches our users.
Our ideal candidate brings our product to life by ensuring each scenario, edge case, and development constraint is well considered on behalf of our users. They dive deep into the problem space and display little fear when brainstorming and iterating solutions. They know the devil is in the details and no problem is too big or too small. Their solutions are supported with sound logic and rationale and they can successfully articulate their designs to various audiences. They have the self-awareness to play to their strengths and work on their weaknesses, not only for themselves but on behalf of the greater product and team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter who is eager to help shape their own role and contribution. In return, you will be an integral part of the team, helping to develop, define and grow our process and design within DIRECTV.
- Utilize user-centered design methodologies to design intuitive and desirable products that incorporates business requirements, customer research findings and user behavior metrics.
- Successfully juggle multiple projects spanning in scale and complexity with hands on experience throughout the process, from user research to implementation with little guidance from supervisors.
- Proficiently produce & deliver comprehensive use cases, wireframes, user flows, prototypes and design specifications.
- Present & iterate design solutions in daily partnership with UI, Motion and Copy, give thoughtful consideration to feedback incorporating your learnings into subsequent iterations of design.
- Advocate for users in fast-pace agile environment with the goal of maintaining a high UX bar while meeting business needs and honoring technical capabilities.
- Operate within a Scaled Agile environment to continuously deliver incremental value to our customers.
- Proactively partner with UX research in all phases of design to understand our users, interpret data, validate designs and iterate with precision so that designs accurately reflect and incorporate user feedback.
- Develop and maintain detailed UX design specifications and patterns. Help evolve our deliveries while reinforcing consistent design patterns for reusable, systematic design.
- Create multiple insight driven solutions to the same problem that range in scale to solve for immediate experience needs while building toward an ideal future vision.
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work with demonstrated documentation of those experiences.
- Experience working in highly collaborative team environment with UI, Motion, Copy & User Research.
- Experience working cross-functionally in an agile setting with product and engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, design, or equivalent degree or professional experience.
- 5+ years of UX design. In-house is preferable, but will consider the right candidates coming from agency-side.
- Passion for evangelizing designs through strong communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Prototyping experience with Principal, Figma, Unity, Framer or Invision.
- Proficiency in UX/UI design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD & Sketch.
- Possess high-level problem solving skills within complex systems.
- Strong attention to detail and proven track record of complete end to end designs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A