View All Disney JobsDisney
The Adventures by Disney and National Geographic Expeditions (A&E) trip development organization creates and develops all new trips that support the brand, high guest expectations, and all business goals. New trip types include (but are not limited to) group land, expedition cruise, river cruise, and private.
This includes RFPs (request for proposal) and required vetting for new suppliers, activities, DMC (Destination Management Company) qualifications, animal programs, Public Affairs and global security. Trips must be completed per all sales launch deadlines. This role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of such while supporting a team in doing so.
All responsibilities apply to the ongoing tweaking, enhancing, and changing of existing trips per business decisions or as needed. This role is specific to Group Land, River Cruise, and Expedition Cruise. However, the role may partner from time to time with other Trip Development peers in the Private Jet and Custom Trip teams.
- Develop product in a hands-on manner should the project load of the team require such
- Network within the travel industry
- Work closely with the Director, Trip Development as a strategic thought and execution partner
- Facilitate product overview trainings and presentations
- Oversee all new trip development for A&E
- Lead team of developers who manage all Trip Development projects as described in summary
- Partner with all internal functional partners.
- Vast destination knowledge
- Experience creating itineraries and unique Guest experiences
- Strategic thinker with the ability to navigate large organizations
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
- Negotiation experience
- Minimum 8 years travel industry experience in leadership roles; preferably with tour operators and in trip development
- Proven experience presenting compelling PowerPoint presentations to several teams regarding new product(s)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A