As a Senior Scala Engineer at Disney Streaming Services you will have the opportunity to work on interesting projects using Scala, Akka, Kafka, Kinesis and Dynamo with the aim to build software that is distributed, reactive and scalable.
- Apply principled engineering practices including unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration and, by your example, lead others in your team to do likewise.
- Develop your technical understanding to support and build your career.
- Act as a mentor and an example to others in your team and across the organisation.
- Lead a significant part of the implementation and deployment of services within your team.
- Work on challenging and varied business domains including video encoding, digital rights management, advertising, authentication and payment services.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure, preferably with AWS.
- Experience creating scalable and reactive web applications with modern frameworks such as: Play, ScalaJS, AngularJS, ReactJS.
- Demonstrable understanding of high-quality coding and testing practices.
- A strong understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Knowledge of applying object-oriented and functional programming styles to real-world software engineering problems.
- An appetite to learn new technologies and a drive for continual improvement.
- Have experience with or an interest in “DevOps” tooling.
- Some commercial experience with Scala.
- We would love to see some prior experience with (or a willingness to learn) the Lightbend Reactive Platform, but any JVM (Scala, Java, Clojure) or Functional Language (Haskel, Lisp, Scheme) background is great!
- Experience creating scalable web applications with modern frameworks like http4s/Akka/Play
- An understanding of Functional concepts, preferably with Scala.
- Knowledge and experience building large scale distributed systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockport, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A