dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services in 35 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,900 flights, moves over 8,500 tons of cargo, books over 16,000 hotel stays, and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
- Manage the scheduling of drivers and dispatchers, ensuring correct coverage throughout a week including days off, minimum rest periods.
- Implement and maintain robust safety audit program, providing root cause analysis and corrective action plans for identified failures.
- Manage a small group of dispatchers who are responsible for coordinating the movements of all trucks, checking, verifying and advising of latest timings, delays and special operations notices.
- Maintain a fleet of catering trucks and vehicles for performance, appearance and operational readiness.
- Manage transportation movements between the facility and airfield according to requirements of the customer and operational needs.
- Ensure all catering is transported with adherence to all SOPs, safety guidelines and internal quality assurance programs.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school with 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to pass LAWA and U.S. Customs & Border Protection background check and obtain ID.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to work closely with customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather (windy, rain, snow, excessive heat).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A