We’re looking for a strategic leader and builder to help us accelerate our efforts into Convenience and Grocery at DoorDash.
New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash accelerating DoorDash’s convenience & grocery offering. We are building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll help develop the optimal strategy for DoorDash to win and operate in this industry
- Lead. You’ll hire and develop a high-performing team
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s efforts in convenience & grocery. You’ll do whatever it takes to move the ball forward including everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Partnerships: Develop long term business plans alongside our partners for their omnichannel customer strategies
- Collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
- You have 10+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience), and you’ve led teams to achieve audacious goals.
- You have 7+ years of team management experience. Building and developing a team is something you are passionate about
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A