About the role Reporting directly to the Head of Competitor Strategy, this role is responsible for the provision of Competitor Intelligence services pertaining to the Americas region, potentially within an individual market. The role serves the Americas to counteract threats in the competitive landscape, as well as provides Global teams with intelligence from that cluster.
- Where relevant, timely input of intelligence to market/cluster specific business review cycles.
- Works effectively in a team and in cross functional teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Understands the impact their decisions will have on other teams and acts accordingly.
- Identifies opportunities to share knowledge, experience and information which adds value and helps solve problems.
- Is a persuasive presenter to small and large audiences enhancing their own and the team’s profile.
- Effectively manages relationships with business colleagues and builds trust through collaboration resulting in early involvement in business issues.
- Compilation of market specific data trends, product matrices, test result summaries etc.
- Market coverage calculation and maintenance for in-scope categories, for your region.
- Work with established processes to manage testing and investigation for a new launch of market relevance. This will include logistics processes such as purchasing, receipt and organizing your purchases, and onward shipping from the local office.
- Feed all relevant materials into the Self-service portal; Support the Dissemination team by taking a lead for your own section to ensure your market/market cluster is adequately covered. Success here helps focus external demand to when it is needed.
- Contribute to the portal, and directly with colleagues, concerning early warning alerts, social media and advertising campaign discoveries, and anything of potential relevance to the competitor landscape.
- Liaison with relevant Group teams to benefit from intelligence gathering, in tools that CST does not manage, for example SimilarWeb ecommerce analysis.
- Generally build a relationship with your key partners and spot opportunities to improve and tailor our services to them.
- Delivery of market/cluster communications on the competitive landscape in that geography, for sharing with Group and market-based stakeholders.
- Delivery of key product or brand update briefings concerning threats identified in other parts of the Dyson world.
- Own or support, according to our strategy, the communications and process concerning recently launched products that are important to your cluster, working alongside the Competitor Intelligence Centre as required.
- Investigate and understand competitor products of key importance to your client group, enabling you to raise contentious items with Legal, and deliver CI such as product demonstrations and training for market/cluster and Group contacts. This may involve travel to include face-to-face training sessions when needed.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to make connections and perform critical review.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to listen and to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and willing to help improve its function.
- Ability to travel occasionally is essential – Within the USA, across the Americas and further afield internationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in engineering, sciences, marketing, business, statistics, or other technical fields.
- 3+ years in competitive intelligence, market analysis, laboratory testing, other fields of research. People management experience an advantage.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, deliver and evaluate projects individually and with others.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to engage people cross functionally and to influence up, down and across the business.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A