- Responsible for supporting the management, coordination and processing of consumer legal challenges from customers in Italy, which occur as a result of operational disruption.
- The paralegal will help to ensure that consumer claims for delays/ cancellations are immediately assessed to determine those cases which should or should not be legally challenged and then work with external legal counsel in market to defend these in the most effective way.
- The paralegal will be responsible for ensuring easyJet databases, systems and reports are accurately updated and key data disseminated across the business.
- To access operational systems to find and provide information which might be required to defend court cases and or support out of court settlements
- Generally support easyJet’s customer services team on EU 261 legislation and its specific application in your market and to respond to other consumer law enquiries from national regulatory and enforcement bodies.
- Assisting easyJet’s Italian Legal advisor manage the processing of legal claims received by easyJet from legal representatives or customers claiming compensation and requesting refunds for delays and cancellations.
- Support liaison with easyJet’s internal and external legal representatives to ensure co-ordination of cases and settlements / judgements
- Providing general administrative support to the Italian Legal advisor including document template management and ensuring the timely payment of claims
- To provide all necessary documentation to support easyJet’s external and internal legal representative including forwarding evidence packs and creating trial bundles
- To draft documents necessary to protect easyJet’s position, including out of court settlements. There will be the opportunity to undertake additional responsibilities such as drafting defenses.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to efficiently deal with large volumes of work
- Experience of working with external lawyers and/ or the courts
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel & PowerPoint.
- 0 to 2 years of experience in volume claims administration.
- Numerate/ comfortable working with data
- Fluent/native in Italian and English. Additional European languages highly regarded
- Italian law degree, with an interest in civil litigation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A