- We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. After grounding our fleet in March, we successfully resumed operations in mid-June, incorporating new enhanced bio security measures to ensure our staff and customers can fly safely. We will gradually ramp up our flying to around 75% of our routes in August, albeit with lower frequencies, so our customers can travel again.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to easyJet’s Infrastructure strategy
- Ensure work is of the highest quality and support others in the same approach through peer reviews of code
- Accountable for 3rd line engineering support, ensuring that incidents or problems escalated from 2nd line support are resolved as per the agreed SLA.
- Accountable for on-going, routine maintenance tasks in a timely fashion so as to not accrue infrastructure ‘technical debt’
- Ensure all deliverables are well documented, re-usable, tested and operate at a high level of performance. Ensure that code/configuration adheres to SDLC standards
- Assist in conducting Root Cause Analysis and completing follow-on actions after Major Incidents.
- Contribute to IT disaster recovery planning.
- Development of the documentation of services, systems and processes. Creating and updating Knowledge base articles, support and training documentation
- Accountable for building and supporting systems and services as part of wider engineering department. Working with architects, developers and strategic outsourcing partners in order to provide a high performing and reliable solutions to meet business requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Has a deep understanding of infrastructure and cloud services, tools and best practices. Has worked with managed hosting providers as well as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Server and virtualization architecture, system administration and configuration. Has a deep understanding of web and application architectures.
- At ease with an easyJet culture that is informal, friendly, open and passionate.
- Experience in delivering scalable and resilient infrastructure solutions, working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on building highly available services in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in the automation of manual tasks and seeking out efficiencies by ‘Shifting Left’ where possible.
- Proficient in scripting PowerShell and using tools like Puppet or Chef. Experience of cloud automation techniques, and managing ‘infrastructure as code’ leading to consistent delivery, and to high levels of quality.
- Experience of problem management and troubleshooting techniques, performance and capacity reporting using various tools.
- Good understanding of security best practices.
- Demonstrable experience of Incident and Problem Management, with an understanding of the ITIL processes, applied across multi-platform technologies.
- Good knowledge of network load balancing, preferably using F5 Big-IP devices. Good knowledge of DNS and Windows
- Server high availability techniques. Experience with Akamai content delivery, caching and security services.
- Familiar with SDLC models, especially Agile methods and successfully driving improvements in this area. Experience working in a continuous delivery environment and embracing a DevOps culture.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, Uk
Application Deadline: N/A