View All Easyjet JobsEasyjet
- We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. After grounding our fleet in March, we successfully resumed operations in mid-June, incorporating new enhanced bio security measures to ensure our staff and customers can fly safely. We will gradually ramp up our flying to around 75% of our routes in August, albeit with lower frequencies, so our customers can travel again.
- Provide competent advice, guidance and support to managers and employees regarding Health & Safety legislation and best practice
- Support population of risk register and safety plan for engineering aspects of operation
- Undertake investigations of incidents / accident to identify Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions (CAPA) and shareable learning opportunities with LGW E&M community
- Develop and deliver local induction, refresher and reactive safety courses as well as required TBT or bulletin to meet legal requirements or to address result of key findings from events within our business and industry
- In liaison with OHS team and facilities, continually review and update key documents, policies and procedures, ensuring they comply with the requirements of the OHS Management system
- Carry out proactive audits, inspections and spot checks on procedural and behavioral safety using checklists defined under the OHS Management system
- Coordinate and attend Engineering Health & Safety meetings and forums
- Conduct Health & Safety activities as allocated or required by the program or the Head of Occupational Safety.
- Support Managing of COSHH database throughout E&M operations
- Carry out and record risk assessments in line with company procedures
Qualification & Experience:
- A formal & recognized qualification in Health and Safety/Safety Management or Environmental Management
- Highly organized and structured approach to multi-disciplined workloads.
- A good understanding of Health and Safety Legal, Statutory and Regulatory requirements and understanding of where to go for guidance.
- The ability to work under pressure and autonomously (whilst under direction) for periods of time
- Excellent communicator with good diplomacy
- Experience of aircraft engineering operations in hangar and or line environment or experience of working in equivalent high risk industries (desirable)
- Incident Investigation Experience
- A good understanding of Microsoft and its applications.
- Experience of developing and/or implementing Health and Safety Management Systems / documented processes /management systems in medium to large scale businesses
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swansea, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A