View All Estee Lauder JobsThe Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
The Estée Lauder Companies is currently recruiting for a Transportation and Customs Compliance Lead working day shift Monday – Friday, 8.15-16.30. Join an experienced and committed team at Whitman Laboratories whereas a team we manufacture around a fifth of Estée Lauder’s global sales output. This is a key role in supporting the initiatives that are being introduced across the Plant.
We would love for you to join The Estée Lauder family, where the successful candidate will be responsible for not only ensuring they are a proactive champion for their own environmental impact and there health and safety but also ensuring they proactively protect the environment, health and safety of everyone around them.
You’ll work closely with the Customs Manager and EMEA Customs and Trade Compliance Manager, where you will be responsible for managing the clearance of goods when applicable and ensuring full compliance and to effectively manage all duties and tax waiving schemes related to distribution and manufacturing.
- Participate actively in projects assigned to the team and ensure to meet deadlines expected by ELC.
- Control all inbound plant shipments ensuring all documentation complies with statutory customs regulations.
- Manage the UK customs Duty and VAT processes for the Whitman plant in corporation with the EMEA and global teams.
- Ensure that all customs regulations and procedures are adhered to and all timelines and deadlines are met.
- Help complete and maintain all paperwork required for the AEO application regarding customs in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Oversee Customs Brokers’ and Freight Forwarders’ Performance in the UK to ensure high level of accuracy of import and export declarations along with timely processing time.
- Ensure that all stock movements comply with conditions in Whitman’s Customs Warehouse and IPR authorisation
- Allow HMRC Officers access to the Warehouses, the Goods and their records.
- Work with external warehousing partners to monitor and report daily consumption and Customs inventory consumption.
- Ensure that border crossing shipments comply with the rules and regulations of Customs authorities.
- Manage daily operational issues related to Customs compliance.
- Monitor import, Customs warehouse and export entries and Customs-relevant EDI interfaces.
- Work with transportation companies to ensure operational efficiency.
- Create and maintain system-based analysis and statistics, developing reports for data validation;
- Support the team in publishing regular KPIs and Dashboards. Maintain and run KPI’s to accurately measure and report on Customs compliance
- Ensure that all weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to customs are issued timely and accurately
- Maintain and update HTS classification table.
- Support and execute regulatory compliance audits; internally and at external parties such as customs brokers.
- Support customs compliance initiatives and competencies, which include the areas of customs entry operations, customs warehousing, broker management and internal auditing.
- Remain current on laws, regulation and practices effecting Customs compliance.
- Provide advice to Customs compliance staff and key internal stakeholders.
- Provide back up to the Customs Manager.
- Support and help develop a trade compliance business model and management processes.
- Experienced in conducting internal customs audits and risk assessment.
- Experienced in administration of transports & operation through best-in-class ERP IT Systems (SAP SD/MM), WMS
- Good digital and analytical competences with an advanced use level of MS Office Package
- Expertise in Customs Warehousing requirements within international FMCG.
- Exposure to international transportation business (air/ocean/truck) and their regulations as IATA/IMO/ADR and AEO compliance (Authorized Shipper).
- Extensive knowledge of UK and International Customs laws and regulations with solid knowledge of stock-management of a bonded-warehouse plus carrying a preferential status along the system-chain.
Company: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fareham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A