Website The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
Working in the Distribution Centre your primary role will be based in the Goods In department which is made up of 3 keys areas; Goods Inwards, Returns and Corporate Sales and you will be reporting to the Team Lead on shift. Your main duties in the role will be receiving goods from various suppliers and be one of the team responsible for accurate and timely breakdown, Quality checking, booking in and storage of the goods. The Goods Inwards team covers receipting of stock, safe storage and picking of stock by code and batch, and as such this is an integral part of servicing our internal customers ensuring that the customer gets the best possible service from the DC. The role is varied and you will be required to work on your own and part of a team to complete all necessary tasks and making sure that the team hit internal department targets as well as supporting the DC in achieving overall targets each week, month and across the financial year.
- Breakdown of inbound stock and sorting for booking in, paying close attention to codes and batches
- Booking in of inbound stock making sure the correct stock is booked in against the Purchase Order
- Safe movement and storage of goods, using hand pallet trucks or Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Working in a safe manner and putting safety at the front of everything you do to ensure your safety as well as your colleagues
- Good communication to all levels ensuring any issues are communicated and escalated when required to your management team
- Training on reports and other areas on the department to offer a better flexibility within the department
- Utilising IT equipment to complete your tasks e.g. RF Terminals, PC’s
- Hard Working and conscientious to be able to work to targets
- Excellent IT skills, with good knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Good Communication skills, to be able to communicate to all levels
- Be able to prioritise workload, and still be flexible to cover new priorities
- Previous experience with SAP desirable, but not essential
- Good English language skills
- Self-motivating and able to drive yourself and the team forward
- Proven track record of exceeding targets
- MHE training on Counterbalance, Reach or Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) trucks preferable, but not essential as full training will be given
- Physically fit and healthy to undertake the tasks as this is a very manual role
- Goods in Experience in an FMCG environment
Company: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Petersfield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A