Website Family Dollar
- Assistant Store Manager
- Greets and assists customers in a positive, approachable manner. Answers questions and resolves customer inquiries
- Accurately handles customer funds and processes transactions using the POS system.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, supervises, trains and develops store team members on Family Dollar
counts to ensure in-stock representation.
- Handles situations with the best interest of both the customer and Company in mind.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, assists the Store Manager in maintaining record keeping including, payroll,
- Maintains a positive image to customers and community.
merchandise, and transfers merchandise from stockroom to store.
scheduling and cash register deposits/receipts.
- These (and other) standards/procedures to team members when directed by Store Manager.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, assists in unloading all merchandise from delivery truck, organizes
- At the direction of the Store Manager, stocks shelves and recovers merchandise in the store.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, assists the Store Manager in weekly ordering of merchandise using cycle
operating practices and procedures (e.g., Door to Shelf). Must be able to effectively communicate and explain
- At the direction of the Store Manager, maintains a clean, well-stocked store for customers.
- Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
- Assists the Store Manager in loss prevention by maintaining a presence in the store and providing excellent
- At direction of Store Manager, assumes certain management responsibilities in absence of the Store Manager.
- Physical Requirements: May to required to regularly lift up to 40 lbs. (and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above shoulder height and adequate fitness level to meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling,
climbing, pushing, pulling, and repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: Prefer completion of high school or equivalent. Ability to read, interpret and explain to others operational
directives (e.g., merchandise schematics, etc).
- Experience: Prefer store management experience in retail, grocery or drug store environments.
Company: Family Dollar
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shreveport, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A