Website Family Dollar
- Human Resource Generalists are responsible for handling a wide-range of HR activities and functions for hourly team members within Family Dollar. Human Resource Generalists are responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships as well as providing quality service. Human Resource Generalists provide tactical and operational support to the Distribution Center (DC) for HR programs and initiatives within the organization. They are responsible for partnering with the DC Team to facilitate the recruitment, selection and retention of key associates. Human Resource Generalists identify training and development needs within the DC and partner with the centers of expertise to design appropriate interventions. Human Resources Generalists are responsible for embracing Family Dollar’s store-centric commitment to customers, customer service and sales.
- Conduct meetings as it relates to business needs (new-hire orientations, open enrollment, leadership and 401k monthly meetings
- Maintain expert knowledge of federal and state employment law and ensure compliance within assigned groups
Partner with team members to ensure their human resources needs are met
- Maintain all HRIS systems (including ProWatch, Oracle, Kronos, Family Dollar University, etc.)
- Assist the HR Manager in the development and execution of department goals and objectives
Other job-related duties as assigned
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure the performance management process is administered in a consistent, constructive and productive manner
- Conduct exit interviews and translate findings into action-oriented recommendations for the DC
- Maintain personnel records and ensure compliance
- Represent HR and DC on cross-functional teams for projects, new programs / processes
- Recommend new approaches, programs, and policies that contribute to the success of the business
- Additional project work as needed and other duties as assigned
- Identify, assess and recruit hourly talent to staff the facility
- Coach and counsel team members on all aspects of human resources and communicate best practices regarding employee engagement and retention
- Create and facilitate human resources training programs that enhance the skill sets of team members. Assess and identify individual or group training needs, and administer plans, procedures, and programs to meet needs
- Office work environment, 40+ work hours per week
- Flexible to adjust schedule based on business needs; willingness to work all shifts, including nights and weekends as needed
- Comfortable working in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment
- Travel as required (0-25%)
Qualification & Experience:
- Two (2) or more years of progressive HR experience is required, preferably in a retail environment or distribution center.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience is required.
- PHR/SPHR Certification a plus Certification.
Company: Family Dollar
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A