- The Forklift Operator I is primarily responsible for safely operating basic powered material handling equipment (excluding the Order Picker, Turret and Drexel) for the purpose of product receipt, storage and order fulfillment. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
- Loading and unloading of pallets and cases from trucks and conveyor lines, by hand or equipment.
- Maintain accuracy of storage locations by performing daily cycle counts and routine inventory maintenance tasks.
- Perform a pre- and post-equipment checklist.
- Full case order picking for replenishment, customer orders and packaging components.
- Pallet retrieval and put away in narrow aisle bulk rack storage system.
- Use of machinery to apply shrink wrap to pallets.
- Quality control to ensure accuracy of all transactions.
- Sorting and build product to pallets to ensure compliance to customer expectation.
- Perform other distribution work functions as needed due to business volume and need.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 60 pounds.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work on equipment at extended heights.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to operate powered basic material handling equipment, i.e. electric pallet jack, forklift, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A