View All FedEx JobsFedEx
The Store Consultant consistently delivers a positive customer experience to all customers, utilizing consultative skills to anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives and provide solutions. This customer service focused team member is knowledgeable in all areas of the Store’s business, including print, signs & graphics, and shipping. They will be responsible for taking orders, coordinating activities in the Store, providing pricing and product information, and recommending appropriate FedEx Office products and services. The Store Consultant will operate and maintain a wide variety of equipment, move boxes and equipment, stock materials, manage the production queue and output, manage complex projects, manage retail supply, and complete assigned tasks based on priority.
- Ensures confidentiality of customer data and careful handling of documents, media, and packages
- Takes preemptive action to prevent errors and waste
- Processes financial transactions using a Point of Sale terminal (POS),including handling cash and making change
- Assembles parcels and prepares goods for shipping by wrapping items in insulation, inserting items into shipping containers, weighing packages, and affixing labels to parcels
- Provides customer expertise in printing, signs and graphics and shipping product lines and can recommend appropriate FedEx Office products and services
- Follows FedEx Office standard operating procedures as well as adhering to legal, HR, safety , customer service and security policies and procedures
- Stays current on retail Store merchandising materials and ensures proper display of all retail area product and signage
- Takes complex customer orders using order systems and provides accurate pricing information
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly retail Store
- Sets up and operates printing, binding, and other related equipment using customer supplied original media and documents
- Completes required financial paperwork and may assist with financial reporting including daily sales, close-outs and bank deposits
- Provides an outstanding customer service experience by using consultative skills to anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives, and find solutions to meet customer needs
- Demonstrates consultative behaviors in a retail environment to understand each customer’s individualized need
- Cleans, repairs, and stocks all retail store printing and shipping equipment and supplies to provide optimal performance and availability
- Ensures all customer problems are resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 20 pounds.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 6+ months of specialized experience
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A