View All Ford Motor Company JobsFord Motor Company
While others are taking a technology-first approach, Ford AV LLC is putting people first. We are building a self-driving business ecosystem that is purpose-designed from the beginning. Ford’s AV strategy is different because we are crafting, testing and operating an ecosystem today that is fit for the purpose of our AV business model in the future.
- Champion Technical Design Reviews, solicit feedback from all partners, ensure agreement including Privacy/Legal, Security, Safety (if required) in addition to functional and other feature owners.
- Develop / Maintain/Collaborate on Specifications and Release in Specification management tools,
- Build, author, review and approve component high-level design documents.
- Drive contract negotiation with product dependency systems, partners and vendors
- Align with partners, internal in-vehicle subsystem teams, vendors and other stakeholders on end to end architecture blueprint.
- Provide guidance and inputs for feature design verification plans through working with vehicle system engineering teams and feature owners
- Support AV LLC vehicle program design, validation and production launch milestones and deliverables
- Key specialist in connected vehicle product design and development including vehicle health and fleet telematics
- Point of contact with Ford cross-functional teams, AV LLC partners and vendors
- Collaborate with Ford TaaS and in-vehicle subsystem teams, vendors, AV partners, Fleet Operation, and Enterprise Connectivity backend systems.
- Lead evaluation and proof-of-concept on connected vehicle products targeted at autonomous vehicles.
- Design and document autonomous vehicle onboard and off-board solutions for connected and autonomous vehicles
- 6+ years of progressive responsibilities in Mobility, IT or a related business area
- 4+ years of experience managing feature requirements
- Experience in feature functionality, product specification, feature/system architecture, and test methods and procedures design
- Experience in crafting DFMEA’s through the standard development process
- Experience in supporting product/feature validation and failure root cause analysis
- Knowledge of building secure cloud applications and familiarity with general security postures in connected device or connected device.
- Strong communication and team player skills; able to work globally across a diverse culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A