Website Ford Motor Company
The position will lead and work with the Robustness, Foundation, Weight Applications and Engineering, and Design Rule Documents for Core Product Genuine Ford Accessory Products. Project management skills are vital to be successful in the primary role. The role will champion the robustness processes for Core Genuine Ford Accessory Products. The robustness processes will include strong DFMEA creation knowledge, Ford Engineering Design Environment (FEDE) Knowledge, Team Center and TcVis Mockup skills, strong vehicle level and attribute knowledge, and excellent communication skills.
Marketing, Sales & Service plays a meaningful role in Ford’s revitalization as a modern, progressive vehicle and mobility services company delivering a trusted customer experience. Candidates should have a vast depth of knowledge and expertise in implications of data and taking actions based on those, as well as have a passion for the lifetime value of a customer. Ford MS&S embraces an audience-first mentality and way of doing business that improves customer loyalty, vehicle repurchase, as well as additional sales of vehicles, parts, accessories and services. We are the eyes, ears and voices of Ford, meeting customer demand by delivering the right products to the right dealers at the right time.
- Draft and develop design rules with Vehicle Personalization Engineers and Core Lead Engineers. Acquire approval with Core Engineering and release in FEDE.
- Creation of Robustness Documents – Warranty Reviews, Boundary Diagram, Interface Matrix and Listing, P-Diagrams, DFMEA, Validation
- Documents, SCCAF Documents, and Assessments. Work with Core Engineering and FMA Teams to sign-off for approval and release in FEDE.
- Interface with Failure Mode Avoidance Teams and PD Core Engineering Contacts
- Training will be required in key areas at start-up of the position
- Research requirements data base, Warranty Data analysis, Regulation research
- Understanding of automotive networks – FEDE Application, Team Center, WERS
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing, designing, releasing, and validating vehicle accessory products
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with CAD and physical schematics
- Technical aptitude, desire to learn
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines; Six Sigma, DFMEA, DVP, Certification Testing, GD&T, DFM, Variation Analysis
- Experience with resolving sophisticated issues and effectively communicating to management
- Knowledge of Ford Systems: WERS, GPDS
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in design and release of functional components and systems integration
- 3+ years of experience with Team Center and TcVis Mockup
- 5+ years of experience with engineering and design of automotive parts and systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other scientific field of study.
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A