View All Ford Motor Company JobsFord Motor Company
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of the Ford Purchasing team, you can add critical value to the entire organization. You’ll help us source the highest quality parts and services from around the globe while ensuring optimal cost and on-time delivery. You’ll also contribute to establishing a robust supply chain so that we can continually produce the vehicles our customers want. If you have the background to develop strong, mutually beneficial supplier relationships that will result in decreased costs, improved quality and enhanced sustainability, we want you to join us.
- Support QR (Quality Reject) procedures by supporting concern binning, reviewing threshold QRs and providing support for QR Dispute resolution. Assist Incoming Quality (IQ) department with non-responsive suppliers. Assist suppliers and plants in QR/PPM (Parts Per Million) data accuracy.
- Administer part quality confirmation process for suppliers with repetitive containment failure. Lead containment of special-cause supplier process -1MIS through 3MIS BSAQ (Balanced Single Agenda for Quality) projects.
- Align with VRT on Supplier Process (SP) BSAQ issues for Glidepath values. Provide early notification to and engage STA Site team on potential Stop Shipments related to supplier process (SP).
- Provide support in containing supplier Stop Ship issues. Assist Site STA team with vehicle On-Hold and Release process tracking. Work with Stop Ship stakeholders to support proper root cause owner is identified for Prevent Action Closure (PAC) process reporting.
- Monitor daily production report (DPR) and provide notification to STA management for issues that require Site STA team awareness / intervention.
- Act as direct Plant Vehicle Team (PVT) resident supplier representative and liaison between STA and plant management, support Daily Plant Quality Meeting (or PIC Room / FCPA Meeting) to report on containment of SP ECB (Early Concern Binning) issues, participate in VRT forums, lead supplier preparation for VQRs (Vehicle Quality Review).
- Facilitate Critical Supplier Process to drive supplier site QR performance improvement.
- Participate in Whiteboard reviews and assigned sub-system VRT (Variability Reduction Team) meetings.
- Drive resolution of external supplier process -1MIS through 3MIS warranty concerns through ECB binning, supplier notification and driving Ford Assembly Plant containment with the supplier.
- Leading cross functional teams
- 6 Sigma principals such as 5-Why, 5s, Regression & Kaizen
- Participating in Management level overviews
- Working with core quality tools such as FEMA and PFEMA Control plans.
- High School Diploma or GED and 10+ years of experience in the following:
- Failure mode analysis including interim and permanent containment actions
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A