Website General Motors
The Manufacturing Production Support (MPS) maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and problem solving industrial process equipment. Must be able to function in a manufacturing team culture where GMS (Global Manufacturing System) principles are highly integrated.
- Assist on planning and scheduling predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance activities. Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment
- Support all production operators, systems, & tools to achieve all throughput and uptime targets.
- Understand, support and execute all work in a safe manner using the established procedures, methods and safe working requirements.
- Provide technical support in a complex production machining and assembly environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well with others
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to grasp and learn complex systems
- Ability to multitask in a highly flexible environment
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems including: electricity and electronics (PLC, HMI), controls and instrumentation, mechanical drives, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Knowledge and ability to participate in the Throughput Improvement Process (TIP) and Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) to attain maximum Overall Equipment
- Effectiveness (OEE)
- General knowledge of preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance principles, blueprint reading/schematics
- Working knowledge of process equipment operations, sequence, error proofing and diagnostic capabilities
- Strong computer skills
- 2 year associates degree or prior maintenance experience
- Ability to use one’s hands and power tools
- Knowledge of high volume assembly and precision machining equipment
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kalamazoo, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A