Website General Motors
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops, and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed, and business value.
The First Mile Senior Web Developer will be responsible for building innovative web applications to design and build customer experience. They are responsible for the full life cycle of the process including estimation, analysis, design, implementation, testing and support.This team works in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and agile environment. You’ll collaborate closely with UX researchers and designers, product managers, customers, and other First Mile team members to help define the scope of the product. You will be counted on to be an influential voice in decisions related to front-end system architecture, feature development, and product strategy.
- Deep end-to-end front-end application knowledge, thrive in a fast-paced environment, deep interest to build the right products for our customers, and experience with highly responsive web applications.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
- Understanding of software engineering practices, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrates experience/knowledge of RESTful web services
- 6+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on front-end engineering
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Prior experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) or Next.js Or Angular
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A