Website General Motors
The General Motors Marketing, Sales and Service Group is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as Field Service Engineers. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.”
GM Field Service Engineers (FSEs) provide on-site professional automotive, business and computer technical support to GM’s retail and wholesale communities. FSEs have broad responsibilities including vehicle diagnostic and repair support, providing an avenue for escalated cases, product problem resolution and territory management support for GM. The primary FSE objective is to diagnose and direct repairs on customer vehicles and to reduce vehicle repurchases and warranty expense to GM. FSEs will also evaluate Dealership internal comeback processes, provide Dealership onsite service readiness feedback and support Techline applications at GM Dealerships.
- Help implement a comeback prevention process for each dealer that does not have a robust process in place. Work with the GM Regional team when help is needed to persuade dealers to implement changes.
- Review current Preliminary Information (PI) and Service bulletins for known vehicle concerns with Dealer service personnel
- Drive new PI’s and bulletins by notifying TAC Escalation Team Agents (ETA) of authorized “field fix” information
- Conduct ad-hoc in-Dealership training sessions, which can include technical information, diagnostic techniques, the use of Techline tools and applications, as well as, other diagnostic tools and equipment when the dealer’s deficiencies in these areas are causing ineffective repairs, comebacks and buybacks.
- Take ownership of Dealer concerns and use effective problem resolution skills
- Report on Dealership’s “State of Health” relative to overall service readiness
- Assist the Dealer in Technician recruitment and retention by reviewing “Technician Pipeline” options with Dealer Service Management
- Provide third level, on-site support to resolve automotive technical and Techline issues as escalated through processes in place at the GM Technical Assistance Center and the FSE Dispatch Center. Respond promptly to dispatch cases for vehicle concerns that may lead to “vehicle down” or potential “repurchase” situations
- Maintain a close working relationship with GM District Managers-Aftersales (DM-A), the Regional CAM and BRSM to review vehicles in repurchase jeopardy and seek creative ways to avoid buy-back.
- Work closely with the GM Business Resource Center (BRC) to respond to customers in your area that have contacted Customer Assistance asking for a repurchase of their vehicle
- Utilize GM’s analytic tools and supporting data to address high repurchase potential vehicles in your assigned area and assist dealers quickly when one of these high-risk vehicles shows up at a dealer in your area.
- Review dealer comeback process on every dealer contact to determine if it meets GM’s requirements
- Provide feedback in the form of Field Product Reports (FPRs) to Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality Managers and GM Engineering
- Provide support for Better Business Bureau (BBB) arbitration hearings and legal cases, such as “lemon law” law suits, to protect GM interests
- Provide warranty waste reduction suggestions to FSE Leadership and the BQM Team
- Attend to requests from GM wholesale personnel including Regional Service management, Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality, and Engineering as processed through the TAC and FSE Dispatch Center escalation process.
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A