You are responsible for supporting the Sales and Profit goals in your store by setting a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience in your department. You ensure you have the Best Team and support their development. You work with succession planning, talent development and structured performance management for your team based on results, values and leadership. You work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues. You act in line with our Values and Leadership Expectations. You contribute to our business success by being results driven, business minded and a team player; a role model for H&M.
- Actively prevent loss and ensure your department follows appropriate safety and security guidelines
- Together with your store management team, you ensure proper scheduling for your department to maximize conversion and enable commercial activities (department moves, Sale, Deals, etc.) keeping within the frame of the hours plan.
- Ensure H&M Customer Service standards are delivered at all times through active coaching of Sales Advisors and leading by example.
- Manage the recruitment, training, development and succession planning for your department team in line with H&M HR best practices
- Evaluate and manage the performance of your Department team members; give regular feedback, execute dialogues, development plans and follow-ups and take actions to improve performance and develop your team
- Actively work with a talent pipeline within your Department/store to support the business needs
- You ensure clear communication to Store team on business performance, company culture and training focuses through daily Behind the Seams Meetings and participating in weekly Leadership Meetings
- Ensure health & safety, legal and security issues are being handled to H&M standards and local laws securing the employee and customer safety at all times
- You plan and prioritize actions together with your team that have a clear impact on selling.
- Together with your store management team, you set the hours plan for your department in line with the sales budget.
- Give input to your Store Manager and District Team on allocation and replenishment to secure a good garment level in your department according to selling
- You ensure Store Operations and Best Practices are followed in your department and throughout the store. This includes, but is not limited to: truck planning, intraday, garment care, etc.
- You regularly analyze and follow up on Sales & Profit KPIs for your department with the Visual Merchandisers. You secure that actions are taken to maximize selling. You support the Visual Merchandisers with these actions by securing the hours and staff needed for a successful execution.
- You ensure your department’s execution continuously meets H&M standards and follow up using the Store Experience Tool (S.E.T.)
- Together with your visual team you ensure the implementation of the Commercial Handbook for your department
- Ensure the maintenance of your department is managed in a cost-efficient way to meet H&M standards and initiate actions accordingly with your store management team.
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to coach and counsel staff on performance management and progressive discipline techniques
- High School graduate or equivalent; Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Minimal travel required (i.e. Workshops)
- Basic computer skills such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry are needed
- Minimum of 2 years of retail management or comparable experience
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A