- Overall Job Function: You will be responsible for the overall inclusion and diversity strategy including the design, development, and implementation of all initiatives across the company. Inclusion & diversity is critical to H&M’s business strategy, innovation and future growth so we’re seeking a vital leader to serve as the primary I&D advisor to frequently interact with key executive leaders, and other senior leaders throughout the organization. This role will introduce new and leverage existing best practices in fostering and affirming an inclusive company culture; and will advance organizational shared responsibility for achieving the strategic goals related to inclusion, diversity, belonging and equity.
The Inclusion and Diversity Manager will be a leader, advisor, advocate, catalyst for change and influential resource focused on infusing Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) into all programs and activities, including practices related to hiring, developing and promoting talent. The I&D Manager will also champion, promote, and continue to guide the Company’s inclusion strategy and diversity initiatives across all functions, and oversee essential practices and programs related to I&D. This position will lead and amplify H&M’s work around all aspects of I&D, partnering with key stakeholders, including those responsible for Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Communications.
- Own the metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity and Inclusion initiatives, prepare quarterly reports with insights and recommendations for the senior leadership team
- Partner with senior leaders across all functions to develop organization-specific plans for advancing I&D goals, relative to the challenges and opportunities faced by each department
- Compile, analyze, and suggest next steps based on internal Inclusion and Diversity Survey feedback and I&D data
- Ensure effective leadership, development and coordination of H&M Employee Resource Groups, ensuring their impact and effectiveness across the organization and culture.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to develop multi-media diversity branding strategy and ensure execution of strategy for H&M US to highlight achievements and strengthen employer brand in collaboration with the
- Employer Branding team
- Work closely with senior leaders, hiring managers and Talent/HR team to help build effective sourcing, selecting and progressive ways to develop our diverse community of talent
- Create and establish a clear vision for the Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity work and communicate that vision to colleagues and key stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Build upon our current I&D foundation supporting and initiating new efforts towards achieving our goals
- Facilitate workshops and I&D related programming for the H&M community
- Work strategically with Talent Acquisition to ensure best Inclusion and Diversity practices in hiring that results in the hiring and retention of diverse teams
- Partner with the Communications team to ensure awareness and invitation to participate in our culture and inclusion initiatives
- Serve as a subject matter expert and partner to the HR team and the business by continuously analyzing and presenting talent demographics, monitoring data trends and providing insights into the data collected.
- Identify, develop, and foster relationships with external networks, partnerships and international diversity organizations on behalf of H&M. Leverage own network of individuals and organizations to bring the best thinking to the company. Become an external spokesperson to represent the organization in inclusion and business forums addressing inclusion and diversity practices and differentiators.
- Proven ability to build successful and effective relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization; ability to promote ideas persuasively, to influence and shape opinions, win buy-in for initiatives, and build followership with multiple stakeholder groups in order to ensure operational alignment and high-impact execution
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership in the practice. Knowledge and understanding of inclusion and diversity principles. Ability to leverage and extend internal and external networks to develop strategic partnerships, best practice sharing and market the H&M brand to community and other stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated data collection & analysis resulting in a solid plan for data management and integrity
- Proven record of accomplishment as a change agent
- Proven experience in I&D strategy with specific expertise in operationalizing Inclusion, equity and diversity internally; a subject matter expert
- Demonstrated adaptability and proactive planning for contingencies across a strategic plan
- Demonstrated success in designing, developing and delivering innovative inclusion and diversity strategies that improved outcomes in the workplace. Proven passion for diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging. Demonstrated thought leadership.
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills – including vision setting and investment building across key stakeholders
- Ability to build I&D systems from ideation to execution
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant business field required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Inclusion and Diversity field. Must have global or North American experience with Canada as well as US markets.
- Established network of I&D professionals, thought leaders, motivational speakers and other change agents
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A