- Serves as a strategic business partner to the Logistics business unit in the area of Human Resources by facilitating the recruiting process, coaching and training DC HR managers on people management, driving retention initiatives, supporting in the development of staff via a performance management process, assisting with union negotiations, minimizing worker’s compensation claims and maintaining a safe, healthy and positive work environment at the East Coast Distribution Centers.
- Works in partnership with the DC HR Teams to develop and execute the internal recruitment process. Ensures that all East Coast DC roles are advertised internally and that timely and relevant feedback is provided to all internal candidates.
- Oversees all human resource functions, programs, policies, procedures, activities, and special events for Logistics team in the East Coast facilities.
- Partners with the Occupational Health Nurse in administering the Workers’ Compensation and safety programs and responds to FMLA and disability questions
- Actively participates in Labor-Management Meetings by providing on-going assistance regarding labor relations and union grievances
- Recognizes, articulates and helps drive the company’s culture by facilitating change and supporting DC HR Managers in the creation and maintenance of a constructive work environment.
- Manages performance evaluation process by overseeing the training of managers and supervisors on effective writing and evaluation techniques, and reviews submitted forms for completeness, accuracy, and conformity with administrative guidelines
- Supports in the Recruitment process by maintaining an overview of all open East Coast DC roles. In partnership with the DC HR teams, determines recruitment strategy and supports in the interview process as needed, coaching on candidate selection process and routines.
- Selects, develops, supervises, and evaluates the work of East Coast Logistics HR Support teams.
- Provides counsel and guidance to the DC management teams regarding dispute/grievance resolution, policy interpretation, disciplinary issues, coaching, and leadership development
- Ensures a quality onboarding process for the East Coast DCs. Works in partnership with the US Talent and
- Development Specialist to develop a training plan for all DC roles, including mid and final feedback. Coaches and supports the DC Management in the feedback process as required.
- Ensures that Company and Human Resource policies and procedures are followed consistently by interpreting
- Company and employee relations policies and researching past practices and legal requirements when making employment decisions
- Oversees supervisory trainings, professional conduct and orientation programs and trains management on employee relations procedures for managing in a union environment
- Handles escalated grievance cases and represents the company in grievance arbitration.
- Analyzes and follows up on Employee Engagement survey results and works with DC Management to create a follow up plan
- Responsible for union contract administration and assisting in contract negotiation
- Analyzes future needs, turnover and succession planning to secure a proactive recruitment strategy.
- Must have up-to-date knowledge and understanding of human resources and employment practices (selection, interviewing, job evaluations, contract administration, etc.)
- Ability to protect confidential material
- Excellent organizational skills- effective time management, ability to prioritize, multitask, get things done, and follow-up
- Familiarity with human resources function in a distribution center or supply chain environment is strongly preferred
- Extensive experience and knowledge of local, state and federal laws including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, FCRA, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Ability to be proactive in providing innovative solutions
- Ability to identify and take proactive measures in avoiding employee relations issues, to foster a healthy workplace and reduce grievances and employee concerns.
- Ability to work independently and in a high pressure, multi-level, fast-paced, and deadline oriented environment.
- Willingness to firmly and professionally handle difficult situations in a unionized environment when needed Prior experience in union environments is strongly preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as an HR generalist and active participation in labor negotiations preferred
- 3+ years supervising staff.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or management related field or equivalent experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A