Website Hard Rock International
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in all day-to-day kitchen operations and in the absence of a Banquet Chef the Executive Sous Chef shall be responsible for the Banquet operations. The Executive Sous Chef participates in all menu changes and assists the chefs on all their special menus. The Executive Sous Chef also supervises, trains, and develops all culinarians to ensure all staff members adhere to appropriate food safety/sanitation guidelines, in accordance with local and federal health and safety regulations.
- Manage relationships with vendors.
- Supports standards for purchasing, receiving, and storage of food, supplies, and equipment. Ensure pars are maintained to avoid shortages and reduce costs.
- Execute consistent, high quality food presentation.
- Balance staffing levels and labor to achieve ideal employee/guest engagement and cost ratio.
- Create and develop goals and operational strategies for the operations that are aligned with the Hard Rock brand. Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Participate in periodic department inventories. Recommend appropriate actions based on results of inventory reporting.
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with all Food and Beverage departments, and with other areas, as needed.
- Analyze and identify financial opportunities including cost controls, productivity levels, and revenue generation.
- Attract and select the best talent available from inside or outside the organization.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine food costs. Making sure we are within our budget.
- Ensure the proper handling, maintenance, storage, and security of all department equipment.
- Provide direction for menu and recipe development.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work performed by contracted vendors.
- Conduct training for other operating departments on food knowledge and menu composition, as needed.
- Supervise and participate in the production and plating of food service areas to maintain the best quality food style possible.
- Protect and enhance the value of property assets through appropriate programs and maintenance. Evaluate condition of equipment and property and conduct analysis for capital expenditure needs.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations. Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Degree/diploma in Culinary Arts or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to regularly move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to obtain impressions through the eyes.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience in culinary management, including 2 years hospitality management and or 5 star and AAA 4 diamond resort or hotel preferred.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Experience working in a NYC Union environment or similar setting. Specifically, is both proficient in and working with the current edition of NYC CBA / IWA.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Must meet legal requirements for any required licensing.
- High energy with effective and influential people skills. Positive attitude and the desire to motivate others.
Company: Hard Rock International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A