The Manager Maintenance Support Services role is to oversee the team contained within the maintenance support services facility. It is their responsibility to ensure best in class processes for vehicle maintenance are upheld while managing all expenses related to maintenance and damage repairs. Primary emphasis will be placed upon the repair of HLE and TNC vehicles. Responsibilities include minimizing vended repair costs and transportation expenses, while ensuring optimization of Hertz maintenance staff, quick repair turnaround time, low out of service rates, and maintaining high-vehicle quality across the division. The Manager will be familiar with vehicle mechanical repairs as well as minor body damage repairs.
- Work with Procurement Department to identify cost savings initiatives related to vendors and part purchases.
- Lead initiatives internally and externally to minimize maintenance costs and improve fleet availability
- Drive Customer satisfaction score results related to fleet condition and lead the development of programs designed to increase customer satisfaction associated with vehicle condition.
- Ensure repairs are vended to make most efficient use of vehicle manufacturer warranty programs, including free PMs, and warranty work covered by OEM
- Create, improve, and track key vendor productivity & cost metrics to drive efficiencies, and improve OOS and compliance to vehicle OEM and Hertz maintenance programs
- Drive process excellence in the areas of preventive maintenance and repair programs and processes to ensure a consistent standardized approach across the region that delivers best in class performance regardless of fleet age.
- Manage vended shops deliverables, ensure capacity to deliver expected OOS results.
- Optimize the utilization of Hertz internal repair technicians
- Control maintenance expenditures, including the control of transportation costs, while maintaining vehicle quality and utilization within industry standards.
- Familiarity with Hertz rental practices and/or RAC operations a plus
- 3 years of previous maintenance management experience
- LSS experience
- LSS certifications a plus (YB, GB)
- Strong technical vehicle knowledge
- Four-year college degree preferred, HS diploma required
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Technical Certifications, automotive mechanical repair and body damage
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Mobile, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A