Website Hobby Lobby
Hobby Lobby Stores is a privately held corporation that is looking for a qualified person to fill an opening in the Construction Design and Development Department.
This is a high energy design position for a fast track retail company. Applicants need to be self-motivated and deadline driven with a strong work ethic and “whatever it takes” attitude. Applicants will need an understanding of both design and construction processes.
- Contribute to team effort by fulfilling independent self-driven responsibilities.
- Coordinate with architects to produce final construction drawings.
- Help resolve RFI’s from construction team and job superintendents.
- Accept critique and feedback and apply appropriately to the drawings.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to produce final package ready for architect.
- Complete projects in a timely manner with quality and accuracy.
- Put existing information on computer that was compiled from as-built plans, site survey and other available information. Must be able to evaluate survey dimensions and photos and apply to drawings accurately.
- Managing multiple projects at varying stages simultaneously.
- Design floor plan, fixture layout and elevations to complete criteria drawings.
- Adapt and evolve as responsibilities increase as required for changing conditions of the company’s requirements.
- Complete lease drawings based upon final building design.
- Willingness to work overtime when required to meet deadlines.
- High School Diploma minimum with technical training in AutoCAD 2018 or later via college, vocational technical school, or practical experience through work.
- Experience with designing retail buildings of 40,000 sq. ft. and larger
- Experience with reading and understanding civil drawings.
- 3 years minimum professional experience utilizing CAD software.
- Experience reading and evaluating plans with the intent of drawing the building via AutoCAD software and recognizing potential problems.
- Specialized in use of AutoCAD and actively utilizing software.
- Must be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Problem solving and space planning abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with adobe Photoshop software and architectural renderings
- Experience with designing floor plans, building design, remodel design, etc.
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite experience
Company: Hobby Lobby
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A