Website Holland & Barrett
- As a talented individual who has come from a traditional network background, you will be passionate about networks and be familiar with concepts such as Network on Demand, SD WANs, dynamic network topology / routing, QoS, network protocols, the associated technology and security concepts. You will be working with a group of voice, infrastructure and ultimately DevOps engineers on maintaining, improving and developing the organization network that provides real time services to our retail and corporate users.
- You will help transition the business from traditional network to a modern digital architecture, linking the retail estate to our cloud services, as well as supporting and maintaining the current network systems while they are migrated. Practical working knowledge monitoring, analytic and reporting tools will be key. You will also co-ordinate and assist in the creation and upkeep of documentation, procedures, guidelines and schematic drawings.
- To be part of the team you need a desire to collaborate, to keep on learning and the discipline to deliver nothing short of excellence. Working with stakeholders to understand and interpret business requirements, we are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Maintain and develop the organizations network infrastructure
- Contribute and deliver against strategic initiatives Own the problem, quality, deployment speed and cost (recommend if we should buy or build)
- The idea of learning new technologies appeals to you
- You want to develop and share your knowledge, support your colleagues and you want your team to be successful (it is about the team success not only yours).
- You are detail oriented
- An analytical mindset and pragmatic approach
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge of tools including SolarWinds, Nagios, etc
- A minimum of CCNA certification or CCNP preferred
- Understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN, NAT, Routing, Switching and Firewalls (including IPSec VPN), disaster recovery and business continuity
- Working knowledge of and ability to support network products, Wireless technologies including WLAN controllers, VPN technologies including IPSec, SSL VPN, from vendors such as Cisco, HP etc
- Ability to troubleshoot and act as a level 2/3 support
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing global access control policies.
Company: Holland & Barrett
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Preston, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A