View All Honda JobsHonda Motor Company, Inc.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for managing Regional Payroll operations for in-house payroll – ensuring timely, accurate pay at the highest efficiency/lowest cost. The Unit Manager is responsible for achieving this mission by setting the strategy and overseeing execution of Payroll strategies, managing customer and vendor relations and driving innovation activities. In addition to ensuring regulatory compliance, tax and SOX compliance and providing expertise on projects/business initiatives.
- Adhere to federal, state and local laws including reporting requirements
- Provides payroll expertise on projects/business initiatives including pay policy and systems enhancements as well as testing
- Manage the regional payroll operations for in-house payroll model including timeliness and accuracy of multi-state payroll processing and year-end activities, tax and compliance
- Serves as the subject matter expert on all payroll matters including trouble shooting and resolution of system functionality issues
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification (preferred)
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Accounting practices including funding and taxes
- Experience with in-house payroll processing with large multi-state US corporation
- Ability to lead and support large projects and business initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in payroll, finance, human resource systems or related filed
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply Federal, State & Local laws to ensure regulatory compliance
- 8-10 years experience in Payroll and 5-7 years of leadership experience
- Ability to build trust, work collaboratively and manage relationships
- Understanding of HR functions and processes
- Ability to set strategic direction, manage day-to-day operations and drive innovation activities
- Timeliness and accuracy of multi-state payroll
- Advanced knowledge of time collection (Kronos preferred), core HR (SAP Success Factors preferred), Mainframe and Excel
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll operations and marketplace best practices
Company: Honda Motor Company, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A