View All Honda JobsHonda Motor Company, Inc.
- Perform facilities equipment service staff activities to maintain a high level of customer service in building, equipment, and utility operations.
- Continuously developing associate skills and finding ways of introducing new technologies and efficiency improvements.
- Primary role will focus on electrical systems.
- Proactively communicate with leadership, team members and customers. Utilize appropriate methods to consistently provide accurate and timely information.
- Participate in team activities to develop and maintain long term equipment reliability.
- Troubleshoots and diagnose equipment problems.
- Operate in a safe and respectful way that is consistent with HAM policies and procedures
- Complete preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and building controls).
Performs equipment failure analysis (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance).
- Support total equipment management through daily and proactive activities to improve operations, promoting business targets and objectives
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield.
- Expand and maintain technical expertise through formal and on-the-job training opportunities.
- Participate in a reliability centered maintenance program for equipment.
- Support and engage in activities that drive new ideas, leveraging new technology, new methods and approaches to positively impact HAM’s competitiveness.
- Provide mentorship and teambuilding through work habits, communication and the sharing of knowledge and expertise.
- Continuous improvement and customer service driven
- Mechanical – understanding of HVAC, Refrigeration, Air Compressors, Air Dryers, Boilers, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Plumbing & Piping.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly express ideas to get a point across.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect & analyze pertinent date, identify root cause, and develop effective countermeasures.
- Demonstrates good use of conflict resolution & persuasion; builds constructive & effective relationships.
- Proficient in facility equipment troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems including control circuits up to medium voltage (4160 V) motors and contactors
- Demonstrate the ability to plan/prioritize work assignments, submit schedules, set clear milestones & completion dates.
- Working knowledge of Facilities low and medium voltage electrical equipment (including substations, switches, cable, starters, VFDs, MCC, breakers, bus duct) and Building Management Systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment, such as HVAC, Refrigeration, Air Compressors, Air Dryers, Boilers, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Plumbing & Piping.
- Comply with Honda Health and Safety Policies
- Must use time effectively & prevent irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Minimum computer (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Facilities related computer systems skills (including Maximo)
- Demonstrate self-motivated, creative thinking, and a positive attitude
- Electrical – ability to troubleshoot 480 Volts and below and 4kV. Ability to troubleshoot 12 kV would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of facilities control & monitoring systems (ex. Andover/EBO, Simplex, ION/Powerlogic, etc.)
Company: Honda Motor Company, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Dayton, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A