The Senior Accountant role at Honeywell is an exciting opportunity to manage the UOP accounting function at our UOP headquarters in Des Plaines, IL. The Senior Accountant should be capable of taking a leadership role on monthly accounting responsibilities, special projects and possess a positive attitude, proactive mindset and high attention to detail. This role, which reports to the Sr. Director, UOP Controller, will have visibility to senior management and requires the ability to effectively collaborate both inside and outside the finance function in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for implementation and monitoring of internal controls and adherence to accounting policies. You will participate in accounting close and general ledger maintenance activities. You will drive continuous improvement, digitization and other improvement initiatives while continuing to deliver on time and accurate books of accounts.
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end closing in accordance with GAAP
- Drive Business initiatives
- Manage special projects as assigned, such as support of new business venture transactions and finance functional transformation
- Assess technical accounting issues for appropriate accounting treatment.
- Developing and Leveraging Relationships – Able to build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace. Leverages cross functional / business skills set and is a positive influence to others
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Revenue Recognition policies and technical accounting
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance
- 4+ years of work experience in finance, accounting or audit.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
- Global mindset to thrive in a diverse culture and environment
- A proven ability to lead challenging initiatives
- Professional presence and ability to lead teams and influence others
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Knowledge of financial systems, analysis methodologies and technical standards applicable to corporate accounting and finance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Des Plaines, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A