Honeywell Aerospace is recruiting for an Electronics Design Engineer to join our team in Yeovil.
Honeywell Aerospace UK is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specialises in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
- Interface with a variety of engineering functions such as Systems, Project, Software and Sensors Engineers and and also provide support on production issues
- Produce quality documentation in support of manufacturing operations and product certification.
- Be competent with the hardware development lifecycle.
- Be competent in the derivation of requirements and technical procurement specifications, failure modes effects analyses, reliability, safety and maintainability data.
- Have a good working understanding of low frequency analogue interface design.
- Work closely with other design teams to monitor requirements, produce design and test documentation and analyse detailed designs.
- Interface to both internal and external customers on a global scale.
- Research, design, development, test and certification of electronic controllers for a variety of aerospace applications
- Participate in design peer reviews and lead overseas support teams
- Documenting the whole design and validation of equipment
- Interfacing with global customers, both internal and external
- Support all facets of the electronic hardware design lifecycle from concept to production.
- Be competent in modern, low power digital circuit design.
- Be competent in the use of a computer aided design package for schematic capture and simulation (Mentor would be an asset), as well as general PC based tools, including Word and Excel.
- Be required to specify validate special-to-type test equipment and liaise with equipment suppliers and Engineering Test Services.
- Understanding and experience of Aerospace certification and process requirements would be an asset
- Capability and willingness and to fast-track into a technical leadership role
- An engineering degree in an electronic design related subject
- Experience in a similar design environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yeovil, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A