When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Research Scientist within UOP’s R&D New Materials Research group located in Des Plaines, IL.
- Ensure alignment of goals of research projects with business objectives.
- Interface with other UOP departments including Catalysis, Adsorbents, Pilot Plants, Analytical and Advanced Characterization to ensure robust materials research and development programs.
- Document all innovative concepts and assist in the generation of intellectual property.
- Participate in all departmental safety activities and conduct all work with a high degree of attention to safety.
- Communicate important project results to cross-functional program teams.
- Stay current on patent and open literature as they relate to research programs.
- Maintain an active project portfolio of research projects in the areas of Materials Synthesis research and development.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis of data
- An open, honest and team-oriented personality.
- Expertise in materials synthesis techniques and methods of characterization.
- Creativity in pushing the frontiers of knowledge that contributes positively to the growth of the company.
- Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work, with a positive attitude that steps in when new skills need to be quickly acquired
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Prior experience in industrial research and development.
- Experience in materials, catalyst or process invention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Des Plaines, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A