The HSBC Asset Services Department is responsible for the processing of dividends and mandatory/voluntary corporate actions related to equity products through the lifecycle of the corporate event. The NY team supports the US markets primarily, with some Canadian and occasionally some global markets.
- Act as liaison with internal/external business partners
- Review cash/stock record reconciliations, ensuring timely and appropriate resolution on breaks
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Requires extensive US market knowledge of dividends, and strong understanding of US corporate action events – including, mandatory and voluntary events such as tenders, merger elections, conversions, rights and warrants subscriptions, tenders, spin-offs, and splits
- Processing knowledge in an ADP environment and understanding of complex stock record positions is a must
- Knowledge of DTC processing, CA Web and SmartTrack, Postedge
- Ability to create wire payments in Swift message format types MT202, MT103, MT599
- Provide support and guidance to all internal tax related areas with respect to tax related queries.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Must have strong overall knowledge of US Domestic Equity markets, with knowledge of foreign dividends – mainly Canada and Europe.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in processing Dividends, and 1 year of corporate actions
- Computer literacy, intermediate knowledge of MS Excel a must. Working knowledge of MS Outlook and Word.
- Must be detailed oriented, good problem solver, should have good communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A