This position reviews and supervises investment products and account on-boarding for suitability to comply with regulatory and firm policies and procedures. In this role you will supervise general securities transactions, the approval of customer accounts, training of sales and sales supervisory personnel and the maintenance of records.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Review and Principally approve all new Wealth relationships; ensuring execution of required documentation
- Respond to Wealth related branch and internal customer service inquiries
- Foster a compliance culture amongst peers while balancing independence and personal judgement
- Maintain a positive work environment where all opinions are considered and differences are resolved constructively
- Evaluate all transactions for client suitability and compliance with regulatory and firm policies and procedures including FINRA, MSRB, AML, etc.
- Identify and escalate compliance and operational risk in liaison with Local Compliance Officers to ensure adequate resources and training
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by regulators
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
- Provide Principal review and sign-off of other departmental work as required
- Review and approve investment orders, including but not limited to, equity, option, IPO, structured products, fixed income, private equity, annuity, and life insurance
- Provide syndicated and structured order review, including review and approval of all IOI for IPO and STP, reviewing and supervising investment trades for client suitability, ensuring compliance with pertinent internal and external rules and regulations, identifying and documenting trade exceptions, communicating and resolving exceptions and providing principal sign-off.
- Series 7, 66, 9 and 10 licenses or equivalent
- Strong communications, problem-solving, lateral thinking, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team-based environment
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages
- Minimum four years of experience in retail brokerage sales supervision or equivalent, insurance supervision advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, related field or equivalent experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Depew, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A