The HSBC Custody Asset Services Department is responsible for the processing of corporate actions related to equity and fixed income products through the lifecycle of the corporate event. This includes all income processing events and mandatory and voluntary corporate action event types in a custody environment.
- Independent decision making abilities while engaging Management at all times
- Must ensure all regulatory requirements are understood and met
- Provide support and guidance to all internal tax related areas with respect to tax related queries.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Performs according to prescribed procedures.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Products include US Equities and Fixed Income securities
- Must interpret corporate action notices and determine HSBC response
- Strong understanding of DTCC’s platform
- Strong client service skills
- Knowledge of ISO Swift messaging
- Act as liaison with internal/external business partners
- Requires previous experience in scrubbing of corporate action events for announcement to custody clients, voluntary and mandatory events
- Requires extensive market knowledge of US corporate action events (Voluntary and Mandatory), including voluntary events such as tenders, merger elections, conversions, rights and warrants subscriptions and tenders and consents.
- Computer literacy, knowledge of Excel and Word, detailed oriented, good problem solver, should have good communication skills
- Knowledge of US markets, Fixed income and Equity products
- Minimum of 5 years experience in processing corporate actions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A