The Category Manager IT Solutions will support the Global Category Manager in a specific sub-category area, covering all commodities within their respective sub-category. With specific category knowledge, this will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking category plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers.
The role will develop influential senior level relationships (generally at a level below those held by the Global Category Manager) with designated businesses and functions on behalf of all of the Procurement sub- functions including ownership of both Buying Channel and Preferred Supplier List (PSL) compliance.
Whilst not always responsible for the execution of Category plans, the role will support the country Heads of Procurement and their Sourcing Execution Leads in the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings.
- Constantly monitor supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and / or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category)
- Continually monitor buying channel compliance for the business / function with whom they own the Procurement relationship and driving corrective action as necessary
- Seek alternatives to current category specifications / demand parameters
- Drive business outcomes and behaviours with subject matter expertise to drive value through the category planning lifecycle
- Support the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category
- Sit on relevant stakeholder committees and positively influence appropriate forums of the businesses / functions
- Educated to a degree level or CIPS related qualification
- Experience in leading Supplier Management and third party risk frameworks for the above large Suppliers’
- Understand wide range of licensing applications and negotiating best in class
- Experience in IT Procurement / Sourcing
- Experience in leading large, complex negotiations on software applications and implementation services with key Supplier’s such as of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP etc.
- Experience in Category management / Portfolio defined
- Demonstrates delivery of category plan and meeting savings targets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A