At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
- Develop deep understanding of electronic execution concepts and tools. Be able to perform the data analysis needed to optimize value at the client level.
- Capture client feedback and share it with Platform Sales, product management, etc. to drive priorities for future development.
- Own the flow, risk, revenue and yield for regional client base. Maintain close relationships with clients and stay on top of key metrics.
- Work hand-in-hand with the quant team to properly align pricing with client flows. This partnership is essential to managing the balance between volume and yield to maximize the opportunity with all clients. Candidate will partner with quant team to address client needs as it relates to product buildouts and customizations.
- Identify, develop, and deliver custom solutions to clients to capture business.
- Understand the costs and relative merits of distribution channels and work with clients to onboard them to mutually beneficial platforms, with a focus on proprietary channels.
- Analyze, enrich, and disseminate management information to monitor value of client flows and work to maximize volume and profitability. This includes regular updates (e.g. weekly/monthly/quarterly), both internal and with clients, to ensure performance is consistent and growing.
- Actively market and grow HSBC’s electronic equity execution franchise by increasing volumes and revenues in partnership with the Securities
- Financing Origination team, Relationship Managers, and other distribution partners throughout HSBC. Develop meaningful relationships to capture new business opportunities and organic growth opportunities across existing and prospective client base.
- Cross-sell other electronic products on the Securities Financing Platform: includes partnering with other sales, product and RM functions in order to recognize opportunities to deliver the firm.
- Work closely with product development and support teams to help clients with real-time day-to day issues. Depending on the nature of the problem, other teams may have responsibility for resolving issues but as a platform offering, we are responsible for delivering a world class electronic execution service.
- Master the trading tools used by clients to be able to provide real-time training and advice to increase client satisfaction and ensure we capitalize on opportunities. The ability to partner with clients and co-create value builds strong, loyal relationships.
- Originate new electronic execution business through client and partner referrals.
- Monitor daily execution flow of client base in order to recognize trends in flow. Apply this information to manage and grow client relationships across the Securities Financing Platform.
- Demonstrable understanding of electronic trading platforms: candidate should be able to evaluate why and how clients use existing platforms.
- Proven salesperson who understands electronic trading execution flow: is able to prospect, negotiate, and coordinate across teams to deliver a best-in-class solution.
- Exhibit responsiveness with excellent communication skills –both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage and prioritize separate communication lines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate new product requirements to stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to operate within a large organization to implement initiatives and move projects forward. Candidate will be required to work alongside peers and many others across the organization within different regions across the globe
- Candidate should be able to clearly articulate client needs to quant team. Subsequently, candidate should eloquently manage client expectations working to bridge the gap between client needs and the firm’s capacity.
- Deep knowledge of electronic executions landscape including vendor solutions and participants.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A